VoIP Hopper is a GPLv3 licensed security tool, written in C, that rapidly runs a VLAN Hop into the Voice VLAN on specific Ethernet switches. VoIP Hopper does this by mimicking the behavior of an IP Phone, in both Cisco and Avaya IP Phone environments.
In Cisco IP Phone networks, it first dissects either IEEE 802.3 or Ethernet II for Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) packets. If CDP is enabled on the switch port and the Voice VLAN feature is enabled, it will determine the Voice VLAN ID (VVID).
This will allow the tool to create a new Ethernet interface on the PC that tags the 802.1q VLAN header in the Ethernet packet. After VoIP Hopper has created the new Ethernet device, it will send a DHCP client request.
In Avaya IP Phone environments, it sends an Option 55 parameter request list, requesting Option 176. When the DHCP server sends Option 176, it decodes the L2QVLAN reply field for the Voice VLAN ID. It then creates a new voice interface and sends a DHCP request.
VoIP Hopper was written with the specific aim of improving security in VoIP environments by validating Layer 2 protection controls. It is a VLAN test tool that can be used to validate controls in VoIP environments but also anywhere else VLANs are used (basically everywhere).
You can download VoIP Hopper here:
Or read more here.
- InsomniaShell – ASP.NET Reverse Shell Or Bind Shell
- WhatWeb – Identify CMS, Blogging Platform, Stats Packages & More
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- VoIP Hopper 2.01 Released – IP Phone VLAN Hopping Tool
- UCSniff 3.0 Released – VoIP/IP Video Sniffing Tool
- VIPER Lab’s VAST Live Distro – VoIP Security Testing LiveCD
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,878,854 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,076,286 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 629,309 views