Ah so Mr Alan Ralsky one of the biggest spammers of all-time is back in the news after his indictment with 10 others for running a large scale spam operation intended to inflate stocks artificially.
At one time it was thought Mr Ralsky and his friends were responsible for the majority of the spam sent, he’s certainly one of the most prolific and there are around 150 spammers in the World responsible for about 90% of the spam received.
Infamous spam king Alan M. Ralsky is on the run following the Jan. 3 indictment of Ralsky and 10 others for operating a sophisticated spam scam involving pump-and-dump Chinese stocks.
The 41-count indictment, unsealed in a Detroit federal court, claims Ralsky, 52, and his fellow defendants operated a wide-ranging international fraud scheme involving millions of illegal e-mails touting thinly-traded Chinese penny stocks. Ralsky profited by selling the stock at artificially inflated prices.
Only two of the defendants appeared in court Jan. 3 for arraignment. Ralsky is reportedly at large in Europe.
It looks like he wants to skip on this one. It is a pretty serious case though – international stock fraud.
According to the indictment, Ralsky and his group earned approximately $3 million on the scheme during the summer of 2005. Ralsky faces charges including conspiracy, fraud in connection with electronic mail, computer fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud and money laundering.
The illegal e-mail practices cited in the indictment include evading spam-blocking devices, falsifying headers and domain names, using proxy computers to distribute the spam and misrepresenting the advertising content in the actual e-mail.
Ralsky seems to have made a good living from spamming when back in his palatial, 8,000-square-foot mansion in suburban Detroit was raided. He was living well.
He has admitted that spam had made him a millionaire.
- Russian Cyber-Crime Market Doubled In 2011
- Android Trojan Targets Japanese Market – Steals Personal Data
- Ramnit Worm Stealing Facebook Account Passwords, E-mail Address & Bank Details
- Spammer gets 8 years in Jail for Identity theft
- Home Secretary says McKinnon must face US trial
- The Next 50 Years of Computer Security
Most Read in Spammers & Scammers:
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,560 views
- Pro ATM Hacker ‘Chao’ Gives Out ATM Hacking Tips - 34,662 views
- Twitter DM Phishing Scam - 28,882 views