Pcapy is a Python extension module that interfaces with the libpcap packet capture library. Pcapy enables python scripts to capture packets on the network. Pcapy is highly effective when used in conjunction with a packet-handling package such as Impacket, which is a collection of Python classes for constructing and dissecting network packets.
Advantages of Pcapy
- Works with Python threads.
- Functions in both UNIX with libpcap and Windows with WinPcap.
- Provides a simpler Object Oriented API.
- A Python interpreter. Versions 2.1.3 and higher.
- A C++ compiler. GCC G++ 2.95, as well as Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 or MSVC 2003 depending on the Python version.
- A Libpcap 0.9.3 or newer. Windows users should have installed WinPcap 4.0 or newer.
Download Pcapy here:
Win32 binaries – Pick the appropriate Python or WinPcap version.
- MITMf – Man-In-The-Middle Attack Framework
- Fortinet SSH Backdoor Found In Firewalls
- dnscat2 – DNS Tunnel Tool
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- IPAudit – Network Activity Monitor with Web Interface
- fwtest – Firewall Testing Toolkit
Most Read in Network Hacking:
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,332,844 views
- Wep0ff – Wireless WEP Key Cracker Tool - 513,881 views
- THC-Hydra – The Fast and Flexible Network Login Hacking Tool - 325,705 views