The concept of passing the hash on Windows came about a while ago, now there’s a tool for it in it’s second revision (which fixed some problems with foreign language Windows versions and Windows 2003).
The Pass-The-Hash Toolkit contains utilities to manipulate the Windows Logon Sessions mantained by the LSA (Local Security Authority) component. These tools allow you to list the current logon sessions with its corresponding NTLM credentials (e.g.: users remotely logged in thru Remote Desktop/Terminal Services), and also change in runtime the current username, domain name, and NTLM hashes (YES, PASS-THE-HASH on Windows!).
Utilities in the toolkit:
IAM.EXE: Pass-The-Hash for Windows. This tool allows you to change your current NTLM credentials withouth having the cleartext password but the hashes of the password. The program receives a username, domain name and the LM and NT hashes of the password; using this it will change in memory the NTLM credentials associated with the current windows logon session.
WHOSTHERE.EXE: This tool will list logon sessions with NTLM credentials (username,domain name, LM and NT hashes). Logon sessions are created by windows services that log in using specific users, remote desktop connections, etc.
GENHASH.EXE: This is a small utility that generates LM and NT hashes using some ‘undocumented’ functions of the Windows API. This is a small tool to aid testing of IAM.EXE.
You can download Pass-The-Hash Toolkit v1.1 here:
Or you can read more here.
- RWMC – Retrieve Windows Credentials With PowerShell
- MITMf – Man-In-The-Middle Attack Framework
- LaZagne – Password Recovery Tool For Windows & Linux
- Pass-The-Hash Toolkit v1.4 Released for Download
- Pass-The-Hash Toolkit v1.3 is Available for Download
- hash-identifier – Identify Types Of Hashes Used To Encrypt Passwords
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,954,162 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,331,728 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 665,839 views