It’s been a long time coming but here it is, after almost a year (Remember Medusa 1.3?) finally version 1.4 is here!
Version 1.4 of Medusa is now available for public download!
What is Medusa? Medusa is a speedy, massively parallel, modular, login brute-forcer for network services created by the geeks at Foofus.net.
The Key Features are as follows:
- Thread-based parallel testing. Brute-force testing can be performed against multiple hosts, users or passwords concurrently.
- Flexible user input. Target information (host/user/password) can be specified in a variety of ways. For example, each item can be either a single entry or a file containing multiple entries. Additionally, a combination file format allows the user to refine their target listing.
- Modular design. Each service module exists as an independent .mod file. This means that no modifications are necessary to the core application in order to extend the supported list of services for brute-forcing.
It currently has modules for the following services:
- NCP (NetWare)
- SMTP (AUTH/VRFY)
It also includes a basic web form module and a generic wrapper module for external scripts.
While Medusa was designed to serve the same purpose as THC-Hydra, there are several significant differences. For a brief comparison, see here.
It’s been over a year since version 1.3 was released and there has been a bunch of changes. This release includes multiple bug fixes, several new modules and additional module functionality. A somewhat detailed report is available here
You can download Medusa 1.4 here:
Or read more here.
- Mimikatz – Gather Windows Credentials
- Dharma – Generation-based Context-free Grammar Fuzzing Tool
- Passgen – Random Character Generator For WPA/WPA2 Key Cracking
- Medusa v1.5 Released – Parallel, Modular Login Brute Forcing Tool
- Medusa Fast Parallel Password Cracker 1.3 Released
- Medusa Password Cracker Version 1.1 Now Available For Download
Most Read in Hacking Tools: