02 July 2007 | 8,086 views

Piping Data in DOS on Windows – Video

Check Your Web Security with Acunetix

Well this is my last week of exams, and today I got a free day, tomorrow it will be maths… Anyway while waiting for somebody I got bored and decided to make a small (tiny) video about piping data under windows, you know | …

In Unix-like computer operating systems, a pipeline is the original software pipeline: a set of processes chained by their standard streams, so that the output of each process (stdout) feeds directly as input (stdin) of the next one.

More at Wikipedia – Pipeline (UNIX)

As always a link on youtube (better quality than the last 2 videos): Tips&Tricks About Piping Data
A download link: Piping_data.wmv
My youtube channel =)

Recent in Windows Hacking:
- Windows Registry Infecting Malware Has NO Files
- Microsoft Confirms Internet Explorer 0-Day
- 2 Different Hacker Groups Exploit The Same IE 0-Day

- PowerShell – More than the command prompt
- UCSniff 3.0 Released – VoIP/IP Video Sniffing Tool
- VideoJak – IP Video Security Assessment Tool

Most Read in Windows Hacking:
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,061,942 views
- Cain & Abel – Download the Super Fast and Flexible Password Cracker with Network Sniffing - 227,487 views
- Remote Network Penetration via NetBios Hack/Hacking - 225,722 views

Advertise on Darknet

9 Responses to “Piping Data in DOS on Windows – Video”

1. gyaresu 3 July 2007 at 2:08 am Permalink

Excellent.
    Coming from a Unix/Linux background I find the Windows command line inexorably simplistic.
    Little tricks like this are appreciated.

Stuff Digg, Darknet is fast becoming a daily ‘must check’.

Cheers

2. backbone 3 July 2007 at 2:22 pm Permalink

thanks guys, this type of comments push me forward on doing more of this type of videos….

3. Torvaun 3 July 2007 at 3:38 pm Permalink

Have you considered using Metacafe instead of Youtube? You could get paid by them for the privilege of hosting your video.

4. backbone 3 July 2007 at 3:52 pm Permalink

i didn’t know that, but I’m satisfied by youtube. maybe one day I’ll move to metacafe, but not for the (possible) money… just because it sound sexier :)

5. gyaresu 3 July 2007 at 11:48 pm Permalink

Then a myspace page? :) /sarc

6. Patrick Ogenstad 7 July 2007 at 9:51 am Permalink

But you don’t even need to use a pipe to use the find command :)

gyraresu:

You need to check on the new Windows shell PowerShell. When I first started using Linux what I liked most was the shell it was just so much more powerfull than what cmd.exe could offer. If PowerShell had been availible at the time I wouldn’t have been so impressed with bash.

7. backbone 7 July 2007 at 11:22 am Permalink

you are right find can be used on it’s own… but I used it for showing some mode of piping data =0

8. Daniel 7 July 2007 at 11:24 am Permalink

i dont mean to sound like broken record..record..cord…cord

but, wheres the podcast?
    I’ll be glad to work with you to set it up, email me at the email provided in my comments.