Basically Ubuntu Ultimate Edition is Ubuntu Edgy Eft with a whole lot of software pre-added.
Sadly the author had to removed Java, Flash and Acrobat reader due to licensing agreements. But don’t worry as there is a custom repository in the release which includes all of these and much more.
- SMP Support (dual core CPUS) / works with single core as well
- 121 Additional Updates
- New Grub boot screen
- New theme and animated bootscreen
- New GDM theme
- New splash screen & wallpaper
- Updated Beryl
- Capture card support – TVTime / ATI-All-in-wonder
- Gaim Beta 6 – prebuilt with plugins.
- GKRealm – Realtime hardware monitor
- MGM – Moaning Goat Meter
- Newer Amarok then can be obtained from edgy repos
- Hardinfo – System information
- GTKPod – Ipod Sync software
- HTop – Process viewer
- Sysinfo – System information
- IPodder – Ipod sync software
- XSensors – Hardware sensor software
- Addition networking and wireless tools
- Gpixpod – Photo sync software for Ipod
- IPodslave – an iPod IO slave
- Xpenguins – Thanks Maddog
Current version is 1.2 which has a whole bunch of new software and fixed an issues with Dual Core processors.
Please use torrents if you can or mirror first, unfortunately Ubuntu Ultimate 1.2 can not be downloaded locally due to bandwidth consumption, if you have some space to host a mirror please let the authors know.
You can find out more at:
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- Some Guidelines on How to Secure your Ubuntu Installation
- Kon-Boot – Reset Windows & Linux Passwords
- Super Mega Wi-Fi Hacking Machine – Janus Project
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,149,663 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 596,695 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 421,719 views