Ubuntu Ultimate Edition is Cool

Find your website's Achilles' Heel

Basically Ubuntu Ultimate Edition is Ubuntu Edgy Eft with a whole lot of software pre-added.

Sadly the author had to removed Java, Flash and Acrobat reader due to licensing agreements. But don’t worry as there is a custom repository in the release which includes all of these and much more.

Ubuntu Ultimate Edition

• SMP Support (dual core CPUS) / works with single core as well
  • 121 Additional Updates
  • New Grub boot screen
  • New theme and animated bootscreen
  • New GDM theme
  • New splash screen & wallpaper
  • Updated Beryl
  • Capture card support – TVTime / ATI-All-in-wonder
  • Gaim Beta 6 – prebuilt with plugins.
  • GKRealm – Realtime hardware monitor
  • MGM – Moaning Goat Meter
  • Newer Amarok then can be obtained from edgy repos
  • Hardinfo – System information
  • GTKPod – Ipod Sync software
  • HTop – Process viewer
  • Sysinfo – System information
  • IPodder – Ipod sync software
  • XSensors – Hardware sensor software
  • Addition networking and wireless tools
  • Gpixpod – Photo sync software for Ipod
  • IPodslave – an iPod IO slave
  • Xpenguins – Thanks Maddog

Current version is 1.2 which has a whole bunch of new software and fixed an issues with Dual Core processors.

Please use torrents if you can or mirror first, unfortunately Ubuntu Ultimate 1.2 can not be downloaded locally due to bandwidth consumption, if you have some space to host a mirror please let the authors know.

You can find out more at:

Ubuntu Ultimate Edition

Ubuntu Ultimate 1.2 TORRENT

Ubuntu Ultimate 1.2 Mirror

Posted in: General Hacking

, , , , , ,

Recent in General Hacking:
- BADLOCK – Are ‘Branded’ Exploits Going Too Far?
- Dradis – Reporting Platform For IT Security Professionals
- Kid Gets Arrested For Building A Clock – World Goes NUTS

Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,170,803 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 628,557 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 435,391 views

Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium | 1 Year 1 PC for $24.95

6 Responses to Ubuntu Ultimate Edition is Cool

1. Giuliastro May 15, 2007 at 8:45 pm #

Great idea. But the look seems terrible..

2. Darknet May 16, 2007 at 5:08 am #

Giuliastro: I guess the looks can easily be adjusted to taste as all of the fancy software for controlling the UI is included.

3. therealdonquixote May 17, 2007 at 12:00 am #

I should probably research this before I put my foot in my mouth, but is there any way to combine Ultimate Ubuntu and BackTrack 2.0?

I am absolutely sick of Micro$oft, especially after the latest “Patent” fiasco and trying to sue Linux and openoffice.org, what a bunch of monopolisitc bull****!!

If I don’t hear from you first I’ll report back on my findings about combining Ultimate Ubuntu and BackTrack 2.0.

Keep Fightin the Good Fight,
    TheRealDonQuixote
    Admin
    TheMostBoringBlogInTheWorld

4. Darknet May 17, 2007 at 3:51 am #

therealdonquixote: I think it’s definitely possible, you’d surely have to move to DVD format though, it wouldn’t be possible to fit everything on a normal 700mb CD. You could call it Ultimate Backtrack :)

5. cryptoD May 25, 2007 at 6:22 pm #

This version sucks , i’ve tried it , you can’t chose what packages to install during the setup, and also it takes about 4 gigs of space…the pre-installed beryl doesn’t work…there are many packages that do the same work ( 6 or 7 multimedia players for exemple, many mail readers, image viewers) .

6. therealdonquixote May 28, 2007 at 10:56 am #

@CryptoD
    I see your point, but I think that Ubuntu Ultimate Ed. is the opposite of what you were looking for.

It has redundant packages and stuff like that because its supposed to be packed with stuff for newbs to play with. Heck I’m still playing around with all the toys that come with verson 1.3!!

However, there are some problems. The latest version of ubuntu ultimate, which is 1.3 (not 1.2 which you have linked the torrent to), it has a bunch of features that stop working once the system automatically updates your packages. This is because v1.3 is still using edgy eft and not feisty fawn. Once you upgrade everything, including upping to ubuntu 7.04 or “feisty fawn”, then everything will work just fine.

As for Beryl, it works fine for me, but I didn’t start playing with it until after I upped to 7.04 and upped automatix to match. If your looking for a small footprint stick with DSL or damn small linux. However, if you want to play with lots of software and really see what ubuntu can do then get Ultimate and do all the afore mentioned upgrades.

l8’s