Damn Vulnerable Linux (DVL) is a Linux-based (modified Damn Small Linux) tool for IT-Security & IT-Anti-Security and Attack & Defense. It was initiated for training tasks during university lessons by the IITAC (International Institute for Training, Assessment, and Certification) and SÂ²e – Secure Software Engineering in cooperation with the French Reverse Engineering Team.
Damn Vulnerable Linux (DVL) is provided without any fee or charge!
Actually, it is a perverted Linux distribution made to be as insecure as possible. It is collection of IT-Security and IT-Anti-Security tools. Additional it includes a fullscaled lesson based environment for Attack & Defense on/for IT systems for self-study or teaching activities during university lectures.
It’s a Live Linux Distro, which means it runs from a bootable CD in memory without changing the native operating system of the host computer. As well it can be run within virtual machine environments, such as qemu or vmware. There is no need to install a virtual machine if you use the embedded option. Its sole purpose in life is to put as many security tools at your disposal with as much training options as it can.
It contains a huge amount of lessons including lesson description – and solutions if the level has been solved.
Damn Vulnerable Linux (DVL) is meant to be used by both novice and professional security personnel but is not ideal for the Linux uninitiated. Damn Vulnerable Linux (DVL) assumes you know the basics of Linux as most of your work will be done from the command line. If you are completely new to Linux, it’s best you stop playing with this system.
You can find more at the DVL website:
You can download it here:
Damn Vulnerable Linux (DVL) is for educational purposes only!
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- Web-Sorrow v1.48 – Version Detection, CMS Identification, Enumeration & Server Scanning Tool
- CrowdRE – Crowdsourced Reverse Engineering Service From CrowdStrike
- XMPPloit – A Tool to Attack XMPP Connections
- MultiISO LiveDVD v1.0 – BackTrack, Knoppix & Ophcrack
- Damn Vulnerable Web App – Learn & Practise Web Hacking
- BodgeIt Store – Vulnerable Web Application For Penetration Testing
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,793,929 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 992,139 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 587,177 views