An Austrian web site called AV Comparatives has done an ‘independent‘ test of 17 different Anti-Virus products and released the results online.
On this site you will find independent comparatives of Anti-Virus software. All products listed in our comparatives are already a selection of some very good anti-virus products. In order to get tested by us, companies must fulfill various conditions and minimum requirements.
Several free AV products were included, you can find the test here:
Navigate to ‘Comparatives – On-demand comparative / February 2007’
Microsoft’s Live OneCare was the only product receiving “Standard” level results detecting a fairly low 82.40% percent of malware.
The ‘winners’ were AntiVirusKit (AVK) with 99.45% and TrustPort AV WS with 99.36%.
Most seemed to score 96-97% detection with another group around 93%.
You can see many reports and results here:
You can find additional in depth reports and details here.
- Scumblr by Netflix – Automatically Scan For Leaks
- WP Security Audit Log – A Complete Audit Log Plugin For WordPress
- Amazon AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF ) Launched
- Without OneCare in the World.
- Multiple Bugs In Anti-Virus Software Revealed
- Jan 2006 Virus and Spam Statistics
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,749 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,492 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,642 views