Wyd is a neat tool I found recently for Password Profiling.
In current IT security environments, files and services are often password protected. In certain situation it is required to get access to files and/or data even when they are protected and the password is unknown.
wyd.pl was born out of those two of situations:
- A penetration test should be performed and the default wordlist does not contain a valid password
- During a forensic crime investigation a password protected file must be opened without knowing the the password.
The general idea is to personalize or profile the available data about a “target” person or system and generate a wordlist of possible passwords/passphrases out of available informations. Instead of just using the command ‘strings’ to extract all the printable characters out of all type of files, we wanted to eliminate as much false-positives as possible. The goal was to exlude as much “unusable” data as possible to get an effective list of possible passwords/passphrases.
At the moment the following file types are supported:
There is more info here.
You can download Wyd here:
- Plecost – WordPress Fingerprinting Tool
- InstaRecon – Automated Subdomain Discovery Tool
- Wapiti – Web Application Vulnerability Scanner v2.3.0
- CUPP – Common User Passwords Profiler – Automated Password Profiling Tool
- Crunch – Password Cracking Wordlist Generator
- The Associative Word List Generator (AWLG) – Create Related Wordlists for Password Cracking
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,907,002 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,145,294 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 641,981 views