The Metasploit Framework is an advanced open-source exploit development platform. The 2.7 release includes three user interfaces, 157 exploits and 76 payloads.The Framework will run on any modern operating system that has a working Perl interpreter. The Windows installer includes a slimmed-down version of the Cygwin environment.
Windows users are encouraged to update as soon as possible. A number of improvements were made that should make the Windows experience a little less painful and a lot more reliable. All updates to 2.6 have been rolled into 2.7, along with some new exploits and minor features.
You can download the new metasploit here:
A demonstration of the msfweb interface is running live from:
This may be the LAST 2.x version of the Metasploit Framework. All development resources are now being applied to version 3.0. More information about version 3.0 can be found online at:
Exploit modules designed for the 2.2 through 2.6 releases should maintain compatibility with 2.7. If you run into any problems using older modules with this release, please let us know.
For more information about the Framework and this release in general, please refer to the online documentation, particularly the User Guide:
- OpenVPN Vulnerable To Shellshock Exploit
- Everything You NEED To Know About Shellshock Bug In BASH
- drozer – The Leading Security Testing Framework For Android
- Metasploit Framework 3.4.1 Released – 16 New Exploits, 22 Modules & 11 Meterpreter Scripts
- WebRaider – Automated Web Application Exploitation Tool
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 227,783 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,144 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,068 views