If you are paranoid about people ARP spoofing or flooding on your network you can use ARPWatch-NG, ARPWatch-NG is a continue of the popular original ARPWatch from ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/.
ARPWatch monitors MAC adresses on your network and writes them into a file, last know timestamp and change notification is included.
It can be used it to monitor for unknown (and as such, likely to be intruder’s) mac adresses or somebody messing around with your ARP/DNS tables.
There have been quite a few fixes lately, so it’s recommended of course to get the latest version!
arpwatch NG 1.5:
try to report error on startup better _ arp.dat _ ethercodes.dat [FIXED]
arpwatch NG 1.4:
try to report _all anomalities via the report function _not syslog [FIXED]
mode 2 _ make action list parseable [FIXED]
further static’fy local functions in arpwatch.c [FIXED]
ethercodes updated from nmap-4.11 and removed old ones [UPDATED]
arpwatch NG 1.2:
on make install also install man-pages [FIXED]
ethercodes updated from nmap-4.00 [UPDATED]
You can download the latest version of ARPWatch here.
- Sandboxie – Sandbox Your Browser / Software / Programs In Windows
- AxCrypt – Open Source Windows File Encryption Software
- Smooth-Sec – IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention System) In A Box
- No related posts
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 118,949 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 116,826 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,521 views