We are happy to announce that Hping 2 works with Windows XP again! Hping support on Windows was never that great.
Darknet is indeed a great fan of Hping! Glad to see it has overcome the Raw sockets problems Windows XP SP2 brought about.
hping is a command-line oriented TCP/IP packet assembler/analyzer. The interface is inspired to the ping(8) unix command, but hping isn’t only able to send ICMP echo requests. It supports TCP, UDP, ICMP and RAW-IP protocols, has a traceroute mode, the ability to send files between a covered channel, and many other features.
I’m guessing they used the Ethernet frames workaround that was implemented in nmap.
For those who might not know, hping 2 is a packet crafting tool created by Salvatore Sanfilippo and ported to Windows by Rob Turpin. The unix version is available at http://www.hping.org. When Microsoft removed raw socket support in SP2, hping and a number of other programs broke. This causes problems in situations where Windows is the only thing available.
Thankfully the developers decided to fix the problem. For this, we would like to thank Fyodor and the Nmap developers because they had already overcome the biggest hurdles and we were able to work with their code and make it work within Hping 2.
You can download the latest version here:
- InstaRecon – Automated Subdomain Discovery Tool
- Wapiti – Web Application Vulnerability Scanner v2.3.0
- CeWL v5.1 – Password Cracking Custom Word List Generator
- VIPER Lab’s VAST Live Distro – VoIP Security Testing LiveCD
- PACK – Password Analysis & Cracking Kit
- stealth techniques – syn
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,906,939 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,145,093 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 641,961 views