Well this week there was a Yahoo! Email worm, now also follows a vindictive new worm targetting MSN called BlackAngel.B. The reports come from the anti-virus software company Panda Software.
When activated the worm delivers a fateful terror message and then attempts to disable any protection software such as anti-virus, firewall or Windows system applications like Task Manager and Regedit.
It distributes itself to your whole contact list by trying to send them a video called Fantasma, so be wary.
A new worm that carries a message reminiscent of movies such as “The Ring” or “FearDotCom” is currently making rounds in the MSN Messenger community according to antivirus specialist Panda Security.
Once it has infected a computer BlackAngel.B uses the instant messenger to send messages to all the contacts in a user’s list, disguising itself as a video called “Fantasma” (Ghost). If opened, an image carrying the caption “En el 1er dÃa te espantas, en el 2Â° te desesperas, en el 3Â° buscas ayuda y en el 4Â° mueres” – “on the 1st day you get scared, on the 2nd you get desperate, on the 3rd you look for help and on the 4th you die” appears on the screen, Panda said.
So just be careful on MSN and Yahoo!
Source: TG Daily
- Appie – Portable Android Security Testing Suite
- Flash Zero Day Being Exploited In The Wild
- Sony Digital Certs Being Used To Sign Malware
- Google’s Orkut Hit by Data Stealing Worm – Mw.Orc
- Worm Spreading Fast on Google’s Orkut Social Network
- Email Worm Spreading Like Wildfire – W32.Imsolk/VBMania Variant
Most Read in Malware:
- Nasty Trojan Zeus Evades Antivirus Software - 77,359 views
- Hospital Hacker GhostExodus Owns Himself – Arrested - 47,488 views
- US considers banning DRM rootkits – Sony BMG - 44,942 views