I remember some time ago there was a VB virus creation kit, there’s actually quite a few. Yah I know, it’s extremely lame.
But what to do, it seems less and less people can actually think nowdays, let along think of something original, or wow…even DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL? So what’s the big money maker now? Spyware…
So what is the natural progressions, yeah a Spyware creation kit which costs about $15.
A Russian website is selling a DIY spyware kit, called WebAttacker, for around $15 a throw. The site, which proudly boasts of its creator’s credentials in the scumware industry, also offer technical supporter to potential buyers.
The kits come in a script kiddie friendly form with code designed to make the task of infecting computers a breeze. All the buyers need do is send spam messages inviting potential marks to visit a compromised website.
A new generation of spamming Spyware bosses, all running Spyware creation kits they bought off some website with a stolen credit card number.
“This type of behaviour is inviting the return of script-kiddies,” said Carole Theriault, senior security consultant at Sophos. “By simplifying the task of the potential hacker for a mere tenner, sites like this one will attract opportunists who aren’t necessarily very skilled and turn them into cyber-criminals.”
Source: The Reg
- Sony Digital Certs Being Used To Sign Malware
- Twitter Patents Technique To Detect Mobile Malware
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- Anti-Spyware Groups Still Require Legislation
- Advertisers may face public humiliation over adware
- A Day in the Life of a Spyware Company – DirectRevenue
Most Read in Malware:
- Nasty Trojan Zeus Evades Antivirus Software - 77,346 views
- Hospital Hacker GhostExodus Owns Himself – Arrested - 47,485 views
- US considers banning DRM rootkits – Sony BMG - 44,939 views