BackTrack is the result of the merging of two Innovative Penetration Testing live Linux distributions namely Whax and Auditor.
Combining the best features from both distributions, and paying special attention to small details, this is probably the best version of either distributions to ever come out.
Based on SLAX (Slackware), BackTrack provides user modularity. This means the distribution can be easily customised by the user to include personal scripts, additional tools, customised kernels, etc.
A full list of the tools in BackTrack are available now.
You can download BackTrack now.
I’m pretty excited about this as WHAX and Auditor were my favourite two bootable security Distros, I’ve been using WHAX since wayback when it was WHoppix, and it was a bit cheesy.
I’ve also found F.I.R.E, Helix and plain Knoppix useful.
Recent in General Hacking:
- New eLearnSecurity Course – WAPT – Web Application Penetration Testing
- Hackers Break Into White House Military Network
- Nvidia Investigates Claims Of Online Store Compromise During Spate Of Hacking
- BackTrack 5 Released – The Most Advanced Linux Security Distribution & LiveCD
- BackTrack 4 Pre Release Available For Download
- BackTrack Live Hacking CD BETA 3 Released
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,122,379 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 566,845 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 406,421 views