BackTrack is the result of the merging of two Innovative Penetration Testing live Linux distributions namely Whax and Auditor.
Combining the best features from both distributions, and paying special attention to small details, this is probably the best version of either distributions to ever come out.
Based on SLAX (Slackware), BackTrack provides user modularity. This means the distribution can be easily customised by the user to include personal scripts, additional tools, customised kernels, etc.
A full list of the tools in BackTrack are available now.
You can download BackTrack now.
I’m pretty excited about this as WHAX and Auditor were my favourite two bootable security Distros, I’ve been using WHAX since wayback when it was WHoppix, and it was a bit cheesy.
I’ve also found F.I.R.E, Helix and plain Knoppix useful.
- Kid Gets Arrested For Building A Clock – World Goes NUTS
- Drones, Tor & Remailers – The Story Of A High-Tech Kidnapping
- U.S. State Department Hacked
- BackTrack 5 Released – The Most Advanced Linux Security Distribution & LiveCD
- BackTrack 4 Pre Release Available For Download
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,164,123 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 614,979 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 429,292 views