The Dude network monitor is an automatic network mapper software by MikroTik which can dramatically improve the way you manage your network environment. It will automatically scan all devices within specified subnets, draw and layout a map of your networks, monitor services of your devices and alert you in case some service has problems.
What does Thedude Software Do?
Not only can you monitor your devices, you can also manage them. Mass upgrade RouterOS devices, configure them right from within the Dude interface, run network monitoring tools etc.
It’s a great automatic network mapper tool.
The client should run on pretty much all of Windows versions starting with Windows XP. Client program does not require much resources so low spec windows computers for monitoring needs will do just fine.
The client can also be used on Linux and MacOS if using Wine or Darwine respectively.
The Dude Network Software Features
- Auto network discovery and layout
- Discovers any type or brand of device
- Device, Link monitoring, and notifications
- Includes SVG icons for devices, and supports custom icons and backgrounds
- Easy installation and usage
- Allows you to draw your own maps and add custom devices
- Supports SNMP, ICMP, DNS and TCP monitoring for devices that support it
- Individual Link usage monitoring and graphs
- Direct access to remote control tools for device management
- Supports remote Dude server and local client
- Runs in Linux Wine environment, MacOS Darwine, and Windows
You can also check out FOCA – Network Infrastructure Mapping Tool.
You can download The Dude free network mapping tool here:
Or read more here.