Maltego download below, this open source intelligence and forensics application allows for the mining and gathering of information as well as the representation of this information in a meaningful way.
The tool is used in online investigations for finding relationships between pieces of information from various sources located on the Internet. It uses the idea of transforms to automate the process of querying different data sources. This information is then displayed on a node-based graph suited for performing link analysis.
What does Maltego do?
The focus of Maltego is analyzing real-world relationships between information that is publically accessible on the Internet. This includes footprinting Internet infrastructure as well as gathering information about the people and organisation who own it.
- Email addresses.
- Groups of people (social networks).
- Web sites.
- Internet infrastructure such as:
- DNS names.
- IP addresses.
- Documents and files.
Connections between these pieces of information are found using open source intelligence (OSINT) techniques by querying sources such as DNS records, whois records, search engines, social networks, various online APIs and extracting metadata.
It provides results in a wide range of graphical layouts that allow for clustering of information which makes seeing relationships instant and accurate – this makes it possible to see hidden connections even if they are three or four degrees of separation apart.
Maltego Information Gathering Features
- The ability to perform link analysis on up to 10 000 entities on a single graph.
- The capability to return up to 12 entities per transform that is run.
- Includes collection nodes which automatically group entities together with common features allowing you to see passed the noise and find the key relationships you are looking for.
- Includes the ability to share graphs in real-time with multiple analysts in a single session.
- Graph export options include:
- Entity lists.
- Graph import options include:
- Tablular formats – csv, xlx and xlsx.
- Copy and paste.
If you are interested in similar tools you can also check out:
Or some of the more OSINT focused tools:
– SpiderFoot – Open Source Intelligence Automation Tool (OSINT)
– Automater – IP & URL OSINT Tool For Analysis
– Oryon C Portable – Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Framework
– FoxOne Free OSINT Tool – Server Reconnaissance Scanner
– creepy – A Geolocation Information Aggregator AKA OSINT Tool
You can download Maltego Community Edition Chlorine here:
Or read more here.