This program retrieves version information for the nameservers of a domain and produces a report that describes possible vulnerabilities of each.
Vulnerability information is configurable through a configuration file; the default is porkbind.conf. Each nameserver is tested for recursive queries and zone transfers. The code is parallelized with libpthread.
Changes for v1.3
- Wrote in-a-bind shell script that scans random domain names from DMOZ
- Implemented recursive query testing
- Changed porkbind.conf to use CVE numbers in addition to CERT alerts
- Modified text displayed on stdout to make it more parsable
- Licensed with GNU Lesser General Public License
- Fixed timeout/concurrency/memory corruption bugs
- Fixed improper comparison of alpha/beta version numbering bug
- Added typecasts to silence compiler warnings
The tool now scans for 14 flaws and reports CVE numbers & CERT.
You can download PorkBind v1.3 here:
Or read more here.