CDPSnarf – CDP Packet Sniffer

CDPSnarf if a network sniffer exclusively written to extract information from CDP packets. It provides all the information a “show cdp neighbors detail” command would return on a Cisco router and even more.

The application is written in C using the popular PCAP library.

Sample Output

Cisco AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 Access Point:

You can download CDPSnarf here:

CDPSnarf 0.1.6

Or read more here.

Posted in: Hacking Tools, Networking Hacking

, , ,

Mosca - Manual Static Analysis Tool To Find Bugs Mosca – Manual Static Analysis Tool To Find Bugs
Mosca is a manual static analysis tool written in C designed to find bugs in the code before it is compiled, much like a grep unix command.
Slurp - Amazon AWS S3 Bucket Enumerator Slurp – Amazon AWS S3 Bucket Enumerator
Slurp is a blackbox/whitebox S3 bucket enumerator written in Go that can use a permutations list to scan externally or an AWS API to scan internally.
US Government Cyber Security Still Inadequate US Government Cyber Security Still Inadequate
Surprise, surprise, surprise - an internal audit of the US Government cyber security situation has uncovered widespread weaknesses, legacy systems and poor adoption of cyber controls and tooling.
BloodHound - Hacking Active Directory Trust Relationships BloodHound – Hacking Active Directory Trust Relationships
BloodHound is for hacking active directory trust relationships and it uses graph theory to reveal the hidden and often unintended relationships within an AD environment.
SecLists - Usernames, passwords, URLs, sensitive data patterns, fuzzing payloads, web shells SecLists – Usernames, passwords, URLs, sensitive data patterns, fuzzing payloads, web shells
SecLists is the security tester's companion. It's a collection of multiple types of lists used during security assessments, collected in one place.
DeepSound - Audio Steganography Tool DeepSound – Audio Steganography Tool
DeepSound is an audio steganography tool and audio converter that hides secret data into audio files, the application also enables you to extract from files.

10 Responses to CDPSnarf – CDP Packet Sniffer

1. ZaD MoFo April 30, 2008 at 10:32 pm #

I must admit: I’am kinda addicted to this site…

Thank you http://www.darknet.org.uk !
    You have a very informative website. I come to visit periodically and whenever I visit each time I learn new tricks & tools.

By the way: shutdown day this saturday…

My best regards.

ZaD MoFo

2. Giacomo May 1, 2008 at 12:12 am #

I think ethereal/wireshark is enought to discover this infos, without any other extra tool, isn’t it ?

3. Bogwitch May 1, 2008 at 11:18 am #

@Giacomo

Yes, Wireshark will discover this information but you cannot set a capture filter for JUST this information.
    It’s the same as the dsniff tools, it has a much smaller footprint and performs a single task. I use the mailsnarf and urlsnarf utilities from dsniff on a regular basis for constant monitoring when Wireshark would be overkill.

4. watcher May 1, 2008 at 3:33 pm #

its nice to have something small like this, just think of how easy it is to see someone using wireshark or some other bandwidth hog, now try this one.

5. Reticent May 2, 2008 at 3:40 am #

@Bogwitch: I think you’ll find typing ‘cdp’ in the filter will do exactly that.

6. Bogwitch May 2, 2008 at 8:47 am #

@Reticent,
    I was talking specifically about capture filters rather than view filters. Sure, it can filter the view of cdp packets but the background capture is still capturing more packets than are specifically required. On a heavily loaded network, Wireshark can start running out of memory pretty fast if it is capturing large numbers of packets.
    Don’t get me wrong, wireshark is an exellent product and I use it often. If they could narrow the capture filters the same way that they narrow the view filters, I would probably use it even more!

7. yoshi May 2, 2008 at 9:02 pm #

nothing new here – cdpr has been doing this for years

8. Reticent May 4, 2008 at 12:37 am #

true. I usually capture stuff using tcpdump and write it to a file I open with wireshark; tcpdump gives you lots of nice options so you only end up with the traffic you wan’t to analyse (so it still suitable on busy networks). Alternatively, using the -A flag means you get to see the clear text protocols without using any sort of specialised tool anyway.

Sorta offtopic, does anyone know a urlsnarf type application which is able to reconstruct html pages. Ie I run the tool and it’s able to write html pages locally as it see’s them? Wouldn’t mind having a play with such a tool.

9. Umesh Chaurasia July 29, 2008 at 10:53 am #

Hi,

I want to capture CDP packets from windows environment. I downloaded you CDPSnarf sample.
    I also downloded getopt.c and getopt.h file from some other website.
    I am able to comile CDPSnarf application by commenting 2 lines //#include
    //#include

In place of unistd.h, i am using getopt.h.

When I am running my binary I am getting “unable to open Adapter” error. Following is the error details.
    ———————————————————-

C:\Documents and Settings\umesh.c.PARSEC>D:\SW\CDPSnarf-v0.1.6\CDPSnarf-v0.1.6\R
    elease\cdpsnarf.exe -i CDP
    CDPSnarf v0.1.6 [$Rev: 797 $] initiated.
    Author: Zapotek
    Website: http://www.segfault.gr

Couldn’t open device CDP: Error opening adapter: The system cannot find the device specified. (20)

————————————————————–

Can you please suggest what I am doing wrong?

Regards,
    Umesh

10. dentonj August 3, 2008 at 3:56 pm #

@yoshi

From the code, CDPSnarf supports more CDP value types than cdpr.