Win GFI T-shirts, Mugs and Keychains along with your iPod or PSP!

Use Netsparker

The best commenter of the month competition is now running, as sponsored by GFI the best commenter of the month will win a PSP or iPod each month!

More details will be revealed as we go along.

Along with that you get the chance to win some pretty cool GFI merchandise, they sent some to me, which I received last week.

GFI Goodies

So get commenting, along with your new PSP or iPod, you’ll get some cool shirts, mugs and keychains too.

GFI Keychain

Yeah just for leaving some comments you can get all this stuff along with a spanking new PSP or iPod! We’ll think of some other cool prizes as we go along. Or you can let us know what you want.

GFI Mug

You can see the top commenter for this month on the side bar.

As a bonus the top 10 commenter’s will have their name and chosen link displayed on the sidebar of every page of Darknet, with a high PR5 (close to 6) on most pages (3000+ spidered by Google).

So get commenting!

Feel free to suggest any news or articles that you think are worthy of publishing.

*Just as a reminder – irrelevant/lame/pointless and 1-2 word comments will not be counted and will be deleted*

Posted in: Site News

, , ,

Malcom - Malware Communication Analyzer Malcom – Malware Communication Analyzer
Malcom is a Malware Communication Analyzer designed to analyze a system's network communication using graphical representations of network traffic.
WepAttack - WLAN 802.11 WEP Key Hacking Tool WepAttack – WLAN 802.11 WEP Key Hacking Tool
WepAttack is a WLAN open source Linux WEP key hacking tool for breaking 802.11 WEP keys using a wordlist based dictionary attack.
Eraser - Windows Secure Erase Hard Drive Wiper Eraser – Windows Secure Erase Hard Drive Wiper
Eraser is a hard drive wiper for Windows which allows you to run a secure erase and completely remove sensitive data from your hard drive by overwriting it several times with carefully selected patterns.
Insecure software versions are a problem Web Security Stats Show XSS & Outdated Software Are Major Problems
Netsparker just published some anonymized Web Security Stats about the security vulnerabilities their online solution identified on their users’ web applications and web services during the last 3 years.
CTFR - Abuse Certificate Transparency Logs For HTTPS Subdomains CTFR – Abuse Certificate Transparency Logs For HTTPS Subdomains
CTFR is a Python-based tool to Abuse Certificate Transparency Logs to get subdomains from a HTTPS website in a few seconds.
testssl.sh - Test SSL Security Including Ciphers, Protocols & Detect Flaws testssl.sh – Test SSL Security Including Ciphers, Protocols & Detect Flaws
testssl.sh is a free command line tool to test SSL security, it checks a server's service on any port for the support of TLS/SSL ciphers, protocols as well as recent cryptographic flaws and more.

20 Responses to Win GFI T-shirts, Mugs and Keychains along with your iPod or PSP!

1. Daniel June 3, 2007 at 11:45 pm #

This is sweet. I’ll totally be commenting much more from now on.

2. Sypherknife June 4, 2007 at 5:52 am #

So you’re offering free stuff in an attempt to get more activity on the website… nice

3. Konpaku June 4, 2007 at 7:58 am #

w00t.. oppritunity for swag.. cant beat it

improving PR for the site ftw

4. SN June 4, 2007 at 1:58 pm #

Hey. This is great. I love free things. It is almost as nice as when I get my paycheck.

Kind regards,

SN

5. therealdonquixote June 4, 2007 at 9:18 pm #

Good On Ya Darknet for stepping it up a notch!!

I can’t decide on whether I’d want a PSP or an iPod…

The PSP has far more opportunities for hacking, but my iPod is all old and starting to get that click of death every once in a while. Not that I’ll win anything, not even sure how the commenter of the moth contest works. I’m just dreaming about which one I’d want if I had my choice.

Anyhew, Best of Luck from TheMostBoringBlogInTheWorld!!
    I’ve always been a fan.

6. Daniel June 4, 2007 at 10:04 pm #

i just realized that you put the pr5 linking thing in. now that is cool. you guys are the bomb.

7. Torvaun June 5, 2007 at 7:41 am #

Daniel, you are now my archnemesis. Thought I should let you know ahead of time.

This kinda makes me wish that I had a webpage to link. When I win, I will be accepting bribes to use a specific site.

8. Sypherknife June 5, 2007 at 12:23 pm #

Daniel quit spamming, that was my tactic!

When does the contest end?
    Is it only this month?
    What other things should we know?

9. Darknet June 6, 2007 at 4:45 am #

Thanks for the support guys :)

As for the questions

The competition will end on June 30th.

It may continue after this month if the response is good and the comments deemed of suitably high quality to add value.

You should know that spamming too much may result in all your comments getting deleted.

It only takes 1 simple SQL statement :P

Keep the quality up guys.

Not sure on the prize yet, I’m sure anyone would love either.

I’m jealous, I can’t win!

10. Daniel June 6, 2007 at 5:05 am #

I’ve been trying to make sure my comments are constructive.

A couple more questions. I assume that if you win one month you will be unable to win the next month or any other month.
    Is that true?
    Is this Contest based on physical number of posts (excluding spam of course) or the singe best post of the month?

11. Darknet June 6, 2007 at 5:16 am #

We haven’t decided that yet, as prizes will most likely be different each month, you might just be able to win them all.

It’s based on quality+quantity.

Neither will win outright, 1 really good comment won’t win, nor will 200 pointless comments.

10 really high quality comments is more likely to win than 50 1-liners, let’s just put it that way :)

12. Daniel June 6, 2007 at 6:13 am #

okay i understand, also were is it permisible to post suggestions for the blog in general?
    thanks
    Daniel

13. backbone June 8, 2007 at 5:50 pm #

can I win, or no because I am an author?

14. Steve June 9, 2007 at 1:25 am #

I guess it took something like this to get the vast reader community to let their voice be heard…..lol..but look at the motivation….

Came across this on my usual security news of the day search…thought u guys might find it interesting

15. Daniel June 30, 2007 at 12:27 am #

To the best of my understanding this is over today no?
    its already June 30 here in Japan.

16. therealdonquixote June 30, 2007 at 5:13 am #

Awesome!! Did I win??

JK-)

17. Daniel June 30, 2007 at 1:25 pm #

^ haha you have an awesome name, the REAL Don Quixote.
    because there are all those fakes out there!

18. backbone June 30, 2007 at 3:04 pm #

yeah it’s the 30th of June… but no sign of the winner :)

19. Daniel July 1, 2007 at 4:16 am #

Darknet is nowhere to be found…how will we ever have a winner?

20. Darknet July 1, 2007 at 8:51 am #

Come on guys you know I don’t update at the weekends :P I guess you’ll have to wait until tomorrow.