testssl.sh - Test SSL Security Including Ciphers, Protocols & Detect Flaws testssl.sh – Test SSL Security Including Ciphers, Protocols & Detect Flaws
testssl.sh is a free command line tool to test SSL security, it checks a server's service on any port for the support of TLS/SSL ciphers, protocols as well as recent cryptographic flaws and more.
Four Year Old libSSH Bug Leaves Servers Wide Open Four Year Old libssh Bug Leaves Servers Wide Open
A fairly serious 4-year old libssh bug has left servers vulnerable to remote compromise, fortunately, the attack surface isn't that big as neither OpenSSH or the GitHub implementation are affected.
CHIPSEC - Platform Security Assessment Framework CHIPSEC – Platform Security Assessment Framework For Firmware Hacking
CHIPSEC is a platform security assessment framework for PCs including hardware, system firmware (BIOS/UEFI), and platform components for firmware hacking.
How To Recover When Your Website Got Hacked How To Recover When Your Website Got Hacked
The array of easily available Hacking Tools out there now is astounding, combined with self-propagating malware, people often come to me when their website got hacked and they don't know what to do, or even where to start.
HTTrack - Website Downloader Copier & Site Ripper Download HTTrack – Website Downloader Copier & Site Ripper Download
HTTrack is a free and easy-to-use offline browser utility which acts as a website downloader and a site ripper for copying websites and downloading them for offline viewing.
sshLooter - Script To Steal SSH Passwords sshLooter – Script To Steal SSH Passwords
sshLooter is a Python script using a PAM module to steal SSH passwords by logging the password and notifying the admin of the script via Telegram when a user logs in.

8 Responses to LLTD – Link Layer Topology Discovery Protocol

1. Brian April 23, 2007 at 1:07 pm #

The link is broken, and can you describe a little bit about what this module is used for and implementation?

thx

2. Brian April 23, 2007 at 3:01 pm #

awesome, thanks for the link max

3. madmax April 23, 2007 at 4:03 pm #

Hey brian
    I don’t mean to be rude or somethin’ but UR question was kinda Newbish!!

just look at da link provided in the article.If U place UR mouse over the link its obvious tht the link has been twiced!!

C’mon man U could have seen tht!!

No offence

The modules seem good though!!

4. Darknet April 23, 2007 at 5:29 pm #

Fixed the link, sorry about that :)

Brian they are PERL modules for LLTD, it’s a standard protocol set you can read about it here.

5. Brian April 23, 2007 at 5:39 pm #

It’s not that I didn’t know to look it up, I do know about CPAN and how to read through documentation. My reason for posting is that this was a recent post, I would think the link could at least work and since this blog concentrates on security that perhaps a small blurb showing an implementation to showcase what the module being presented can do wouldn’t have been out of line.

I don’t think it would be a “newbish” request, just a request for a better article. For example I can present “Hey you can create a IRC bot using Net::IRC” but that only states that the module exists, now how you would create an IRC bot. My example isn’t perfectly in context of my argument but I think you can get the idea.

6. Darknet April 24, 2007 at 4:19 am #

I know it’s a recent post but as madmax said, the link works fine just that it was accidentally pasted twice (which was actually pretty obvious). You could have just pointed that out.

As for a sample implementation, I don’t really use PERL any more I prefer Python or Ruby…so if you want to give us a sample implementation feel free..but you won’t be getting one from us :)

7. UndiFineD April 24, 2007 at 1:04 pm #

Interesting, what is this protocol based upon, snmp ?