The Dude network monitor is a (not so) new application by MikroTik which can dramatically improve the way you manage your network environment. It will automatically scan all devices within specified subnets, draw and layout a map of your networks, monitor services of your devices and alert you in case some service has problems.
A great tool for automatic network discovery and mapping.
The Dude demo system: Our RouterOS demo routers are viewable from within the Dude, install The Dude and connect to our Demo dude system with the Dude Secure connection to 126.96.36.199.
- The Dude is free of charge!
- Auto network discovery and layout
- Discovers any type or brand of device
- Device, Link monitoring, and notifications
- Includes SVG icons for devices, and supports custom icons and backgrounds
- Easy installation and usage
- Allows you to draw your own maps and add custom devices
- Supports SNMP, ICMP, DNS and TCP monitoring for devices that support it
- Individual Link usage monitoring and graphs
- Direct access to remote control tools for device management
- Supports remote Dude server and local client
- Runs in Linux Wine environment, MacOS Darwine, and Windows
- Best price/value ratio compared to other products (free of charge)
You can download The Dude here:
Or read more here.