The recent Heartbleed vulnerability has highlighted the urgent need for more network level security scanning. In view of this, Acunetix has announced that it will be offering 10,000 users a Free Acunetix Security Scan with the Acunetix Online Vulnerability Scanner (OVS) in a bid to make it easier for businesses to take control of their network security.
Acunetix Online Vulnerability Scanner is a hosted security scanner that will scan a perimeter server for network level vulnerabilities and provide detailed reports so as to allow the security administrator to fix the vulnerabilities before a hacker finds them.
All the Network Scanning capabilities available in Acunetix OVS will be available for free for fourteen days (From today June 18th 2014), allowing users to audit their internet (and hacker) facing servers.
- Scan your servers for over 35,000 network vulnerabilities
- Audit your internet facing architecture and identify system and network weaknesses
- Ensure that servers are not running any illegitimate services, such as a Bitcoin mining botnet
- Identify any vulnerable versions of applications running on the servers
- Discover the information that the systems are leaking using various techniques such as OS fingerprinting, port banner grabbing and service probing (like the information SHODAN archives)
- Ensure that all the organisation’s services, including FTP and mail, do not suffer from Heartbleed
- Get additional information about other vulnerabilities and network problems detected.
To make use of this offer, you can sign-up at www.acunetix.com/free-network-security-scan/ using a valid company email address. Once your scan target has been verified (it actually belongs to your company), you can then make use of the scanning features mentioned above.
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- ThreadFix – Vulnerability Aggregation & Management System
- StegExpose – Steganalysis Tool For Detecting Steganography In Images
- Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner 9.5 Released
- Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner (WVS) 6.5 Released
- Acunetix OVS Review (Online Vulnerability Scanner)
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,313 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,127 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,579 views