Have you ever spent ages trying to find the results of a particular portscan you were sure you did? Or grepping through a bunch of files looking for data for a particular host or service? Or copy-pasting bits of output from a bunch of typescripts into a report? We certainly did, and that’s why we wrote MagicTree – so that it does such mind-numbing stuff for us, while we spend our time hacking.
MagicTree is a pentesting productivity tool. It is designed to allow easy and straightforward data consolidation, querying, external command execution and (yeah!) report generation. In case you wonder, “Tree” is because all the data is stored in a tree structure, and “Magic” is because it is designed to magically do the most cumbersome and boring part of penetration testing – data management and reporting.
Changelog for v1.3
- Fix for #307 “Cannot create a working report template in LibreOffice 18.104.22.168″.
- Better parsing of Imperva Scuba XML
- Fixed NullPointerException in FileFilter
- Added debugging to idTracker and sanity checking to TreeController to catch the integrity bug
- Fix for NullPointerException when handling MtSimpleObjects with no text
- Fixes for data integrity bugs causing duplicated ids and broken xrefs
- Added support for AppScan XML – contributed by VienHa Tran
No installation is required for MagicTree. The application is distrubuted as a single JAR file which has to be executed with JRE. Just save the file on your desktop. Double-click on it to execute it or, for less user-friendly OSes, issue “java -jar MagicTree.jar’ command.
Can’t get much better than that really, penetration testing report generation! Who wants to do that manually. IF you combined this with using something like Kvasir the Penetration Testing Data Management Tool, you’d be onto a pretty good process I reckon.
You can download MagicTree here:
Or read more here.
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- MagicTree – Penetration Tester Productivity Tool
- MagicTree v1.1 Released For Download – Pen-Testing Productivity Tool
- MagicTree v1.0 Released – Productivity Tool For Penetration Testers
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,151,379 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 599,146 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 422,936 views