The BlindElephant Web Application Fingerprinter attempts to discover the version of a (known) web application by comparing static files at known locations against precomputed hashes for versions of those files in all all available releases. The technique is fast, low-bandwidth, non-invasive, generic, and highly automatable.
BlindElephant can be used directly as a tool on the command line, or as a library to provide fingerprinting functionality to another program.
- Fast, low-resource approach (generally <6 seconds and < 400kb)
- Support for 15 commonly deployed web apps (and hundreds of versions), and very easy to add support for more
- Support for web app plugins (Drupal and WordPress currently, more with community input)
There are other similar projects such as:
– WAFP – Web Application Finger Printing Tool
– WhatWeb – Next Gen Web Scanner – Identify CMS (Content Management System)
– wig – WebApp Information Gatherer – Identify CMS
– Web-Sorrow v1.48 – Version Detection, CMS Identification & Enumeration
You can grab BlindElephant from the SVN repo here:
svn co https://blindelephant.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/blindelephant/trunk blindelephant
Or read more here.
- drozer – The Leading Security Testing Framework For Android
- tinfoleak – Get Detailed Info About Any Twitter User
- BurpSentintel – Vulnerability Scanning Plugin For Burp Proxy
- wig – WebApp Information Gatherer – Identify CMS
- WAFP – Web Application Finger Printing Tool
- ddosim v0.2 – Application Layer DDOS Simulator
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,865,635 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,054,595 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 623,117 views