AxCrypt is the leading open source Windows file encryption software. It integrates seamlessly with Windows to compress, encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with individual files.
Personal Privacy and Security with AES-128 File Encryption and Compression for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/7. Double-click to automatically decrypt and open documents. Store strong keys on removable USB-devices.
- Password Protect any number of files using strong encryption.
- Right-click integration with Windows Explorer makes AxCrypt the easiest way to encrypt individual files in Windows.
- Double-click integration makes it as easy to open, edit and save protected files as it is to work with unprotected files.
- Many additional features, but no configuration required. Just install it and use it.
- AxCrypt encrypts files that are safely and easily sent to other users via e-mail or any other means. Self-decrypting files are also supported, removing the need to install AxCrypt to decrypt.
- AxCrypt is translated into English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Polish, Spanish and Swedish so chances are it speaks your preferred language.
AxCrypt is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation.
You can download AxCrypt here:
Or read more here.
- Agile Security – How Does It Fit Into A World Of Continuous Delivery
- Shadow Daemon – Web Application Firewall
- OpenSSH On Windows – It’s Happening!
- Stoned Bootkit – Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7 MBR Rootkit
- Virus Variant Extorts You by Encrypting Your Files
- Backup Platinum – CD, FTP & LAN Backup Software Review
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,546 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,328 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,615 views