We haven’t written about Smooth-Sec for a while since we first heard about it at v1 in March 2011.
For those who are not familiar, Smooth-Sec is a fully-ready IDS & IPS (Intrusion Detection & Prevention System) Linux distribution based on Debian 7 (wheezy), available for 32 and 64 bit architecture. The distribution includes the latest version of Snorby, Snort, Suricata, PulledPork and Pigsty. An easy setup process allows to deploy a complete IDS/IPS System within minutes, even for security beginners with minimal Linux experience.
- Debian 7 Wheezy based
- 32 and 64 bit iso available. Snorby V 2.6.2
- Snort V 126.96.36.199
- Suricata V 1.4.3
- Pigsty V 0.1.0
- PulledPork V 0.6.1
You can download Smooth Sec here –
Or read more here.
- StegExpose – Steganalysis Tool For Detecting Steganography In Images
- Twitter Patents Technique To Detect Mobile Malware
- Passera – Generate A Unique Strong Password For Every Website
- Smooth-Sec – All In One Pre-Configured IDS/IPS System
- pytbull – Intrusion Detection/Prevention System (IDS/IPS) Testing Framework
- Samhain v.2.5.9c – Open Source Host-Based Intrusion Detection System (HIDS)
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,154 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,025 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,554 views