HoneyDrive is a pre-configured honeypot system in virtual hard disk drive (VMDK format) with Ubuntu Server 11.10 32-bit edition installed. It currently contains Kippo SSH honeypot. Additionally it includes useful scripts and utilities to analyze and visualize the data it captures. Lastly, other helpful tools like tshark (command-line Wireshark), pdftools, etc. are also present.
In the future more software will be added such as Dionaea malware honeypot and Honeyd.
You can get the latest version (0.1) of HoneyDrive which contains Kippo SSH honeypot and related scripts (kippo-graph, kippo-stats, kippo-sessions, etc). Everything is pre-configured to work.
After downloading the file, you must uncompress it and then you simply have to create a new virtual machine (suggested software: Oracle VM VirtualBox) and select the VMDK drive as its hard disk.
You can download HoneyDrive here:
Or read more here.
- AIDE – Advanced Intrusion Detection Environment
- Tiger – Unix Security Audit & Intrusion Detection Tool
- Egress-Assess – Test Network Egress Data Detection
- HoneyDrive Desktop v0.2 Released – Honeypot LiveCD
- HoneyDrive 3 Released – The Premier Honeypot Bundle Distro
- Impressive Open Source Intrusion Prevention – HLBR
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,685 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,433 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,630 views