chapcrack is a tool for parsing and decrypting MS-CHAPv2 network handshakes, it was announced recently at Defcon as we read over here – Marlinspike demos MS-CHAPv2 crack.
The process is as follows:
- Obtain a packet capture with an MS-CHAPv2 network handshake in it (PPTP VPN or WPA2 Enterprise handshake, for instance).
- Use chapcrack to parse relevant credentials from the handshake (chapcrack parse -i path/to/capture.cap).
- Submit the CloudCracker token to www.cloudcracker.com
- Get your results, and decrypt the packet capture (chapcrack decrypt -i path/to/capture.cap -o output.cap -n )
If you are interested in a much more in-depth, technical explanation – you can read more here:
Using this attack they have a 100% success rate of cracking DES hashes within 23~ hours.
You can download chapcrack here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Cryptography:
- TLSSLed v1.2 – Evaluate The Security Of A Target SSL Or TLS (HTTPS) Web Server Implementation
- chapcrack – A tool for parsing and decrypting MS-CHAPv2 network handshakes.
- Carbylamine – A PHP Script Encoder to ‘Obfuscate/Encode’ PHP Files
- THC SSL DoS/DDoS Tool Released For Download
- PBNJ – Network Architecture Monitoring Tool
- wifite – Mass Wifi WEP/WPA Key Cracking Tool
Most Read in Cryptography:
- The World’s Fastest MD5 Cracker – BarsWF - 45,951 views
- Hackers Crack London Tube Oyster Card - 37,205 views
- WPA2 Vulnerability Discovered – “Hole 196″ – A Flaw In GTK (Group Temporal Key) - 30,193 views