spt is a simple concept with powerful possibilities. It is what it’s name implies: a simple phishing toolkit.
The basic idea the spt project had was “Wouldn’t it be cool if there were a simple, effective, easy to use and free (most importantly!) tool that information security professionals could use to evaluate and train what we all know is the weakest link in any security minded organization: the people?“.
Since the founders of the spt project are themselves information security professionals by day, they themselves faced the frustration of dealing with people within their own organizations that claimed to know better, but 9 times out of 10 fell for the most absurdly obvious phishing emails ever seen. A malware outbreak here, a stolen password and loss of critical organizational data there and the costs of dealing with the results of phishing can get to be astronomical pretty darn quickly!
Enter spt. spt was made from scratch, with the goal of giving over-worked and under-staffed information security professionals a simple tool (more like a framework, as they hope to add more features over time) that could be used to identify and train those weakest links. spt is a fully self-contained phishing email toolkit that can be installed, configured and phishing in less than 15 minutes. Its design is modular and open-ended allowing for future expansion and additional features via easy to snap-in modules that are simply uploaded in the administration dashboard. Why not try out spt today and see who your weakest link is?
You can download spt here:
Or read more here.
- Scumblr by Netflix – Automatically Scan For Leaks
- WP Security Audit Log – A Complete Audit Log Plugin For WordPress
- Amazon AWS Web Application Firewall (WAF ) Launched
- sptoolkit Rebirth – Simple Phishing Toolkit
- Microsoft Enhanced Mitigation Evaluation Toolkit (EMET) 3rd Party GUI
- Phishing Attacks Hits Twitter Users – Utilising Direct Messages
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,749 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,492 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,642 views