If you aren’t aware (yes we wrote about MagicTree v1.0) what MagicTree is..
Think of it this way, have you ever spent ages trying to find the results of a particular portscan you were sure you did? Or grepping through a bunch of files looking for data for a particular host or service? Or copy-pasting bits of output from a bunch of typescripts into a report? The author certainly did, and that’s why they wrote MagicTree – so that it does such mind-numbing stuff for you, so you can spend your time hacking.
MagicTree is a penetration tester productivity tool. It is designed to allow easy and straightforward data consolidation, querying, external command execution and (yeah!) report generation. In case you wonder, “Tree” is because all the data is stored in a tree structure, and “Magic” is because it is designed to magically do the most cumbersome and boring part of penetration testing – data management and reporting.
And the good news? MagicTree 1.1 has been released and is available for download now!
- Rapid 7 NeXpose XML import (both simple XML and full XML formats are supported)
- Arachni XML import (as of 0.4.0.2. Thanks to Herman Stevens of Astyran for contribution)
- OWASP Zed Attack Proxy XML import (development snapshot as of 6-Feb-2012)
- New matrix query interface
- Bug fix (#224) Remove orphan projects does not work anymore
- Bug fix (#226) NPE in dumpData()
- Bug fix (#239) “Uncaught exception in Swing thread: null. null” when saving a custom query into the repo
- Bug fix (#241) Corrupted reference links in report templates
- Bug fix (#242) Updated report templates to honor “ignore” status
You can download MagicTree v1.1 here:
Or read more here.
- U.S. State Department Hacked
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- MagicTree – Penetration Tester Productivity Tool
- MagicTree v1.0 Released – Productivity Tool For Penetration Testers
- MagicTree v1.3 Available For Download – Pentesting Productivity
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,153,756 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 603,443 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 424,609 views