Routines for hunting down kernel symbols from from kallsyms, System.map, vmlinux, vmlinuz, and remote symbol servers.
$ ./ksymhunter prepare_kernel_cred
[+] trying to resolve prepare_kernel_cred...
[+] resolved prepare_kernel_cred using /boot/System.map-2.6.38-gentoo
[+] resolved prepare_kernel_cred to 0xffffffff81061060
$ ./ksymhunter commit_creds
[+] trying to resolve commit_creds...
[+] resolved commit_creds using /boot/System.map-2.6.38-gentoo
[+] resolved commit_creds to 0xffffffff81060dc0
You can download ksymhunter v1.0 here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Countermeasures:
- Noted Chinese Hacker Wicked Rose Heading Antivirus Company Anvisoft
- HoneyDrive – Honeypots In A Box
- Microsoft Patches Critical Security Vulnerabilities In Windows, Office, IE, Exchange & SQL Server
- Serious Linux Kernel Vulnerability For ALL 2.4 & 2.6 Kernels
- Linux Kernel 2.6.x PRCTL Core Dump Handling – Local r00t Exploit ( BID 18874 / CVE-2006-2451 )
- Zodiac – DNS Protocol Monitoring and Spoofing Tool
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 117,840 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 115,945 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,465 views