We love Burp Suite and we have since wayyyy back, the last update we posted was around 18 months ago back in January 2010 – Burp Suite v1.3 Released – Integrated Platform For Attacking Web Applications.
For the two people here who don’t know what this tool does, Burp Suite is an integrated platform for performing security testing of web applications. Its various tools work seamlessly together to support the entire testing process, from initial mapping and analysis of an application’s attack surface, through to finding and exploiting security vulnerabilities.
Burp gives you full control, letting you combine advanced manual techniques with state-of-the-art automation, to make your work faster, more effective, and more fun.
And now, we’re happy to announce there’s a new version out and it’s available for download now!
- The ability to compare site maps
- Functions to help with testing access controls using your browser
- Support for preset request macros
- Session handling rules to help you work with difficult situations
- In-browser rendering of responses from all Burp tools
- Auto recognition and rendering of character sets
- Support for upstream SOCKS proxies
- Headless mode for unattended scripted usage
- Support for more types of redirection
- Support for NTLMv2 and IPv6
- Numerous enhancements to Burp’s extensibility
- Greater stability on OSX
You can download Burp Suite Free Edition v1.4 here:
Or read more here.
- Garmr – Automate Web Application Security Tests
- ParanoiDF – PDF Analysis & Password Cracking Tool
- XSSYA – Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Scanner Tool
- Paros Proxy 3.2.10 Released – MITM HTTP and HTTPS Proxy
- Burp Proxy & Burp Suite – Attacking Web Applications
- Burp Suite v1.3 Released – Integrated Platform For Attacking Web Applications
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,863,447 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,052,322 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 622,366 views