SniffJoke is an application for Linux that handle transparently your TCP connection, delaying, modifying and injecting fake packets inside your transmission, make them almost impossible to be correctly read by a passive wiretapping technology (IDS or sniffer).
An Internet client running SniffJoke injects in the transmission flow some packets able to seriously disturb passive analysis like sniffing, interception and low level information theft. No server support is needed!
The internet protocols have been developed to allow two elements to communicate, not some third-parts to intercept their communication. This will happen, but the communication system has been not developed with this objective. SniffJoke uses the network protocol in a permitted way, exploiting the implicit difference of network stack present in an operating system respect the sniffers dissector.
How Does It Work?
It works only under Linux (at the moment), creates a fake default gateway in your OS (the client or a default gateway) using a TUN interface check every traffic passing thru it, tracks every session and
applyies two concepts: the scramble and the hack.
The scramble is the technology to bring:
- A sniffer to accept as true a packet who will be discarded by the server, or
- A sniffer to drop a packet who will be accepted by the server.
The scramble technology brings in desynchronisation between the sniffer flow and the real flow.
The bogus packet accepted by the sniffer is generated by the “plugin” is a C++ simple class, which in a pseudo statefull tracking will forge the packet to be injected inside the flow. is pretty easy to develop
anew one, and if someone wants to make research on sniffers attack (or fuzzing the flow searching for bugs) need to make the hand inside its.
The configuration permits to define blacklist/whitelist ip address to scramble, a degree of aggressivity for each port, which plugin will be used.
You can download SniffJoke here:
Or read more here.
- HoneyDrive Desktop v0.2 Released – Honeypot LiveCD
- Mobius Forensic Toolkit 0.5.10 – Forensics Framework To Manage Cases & Case Items
- Rec Studio 4 – Reverse Engineering Compiler & Decompiler
- Azazel – Userland Anti-debugging & Anti-detection Rootkit
- Metasploit 2.7 Released – Automated Hacking
- Metasploit 3.4.0 Hacking Framework Released – Over 100 New Exploits Added
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 65,521 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 28,838 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 26,844 views