It’s been a while since we’ve written about sqlmap, the last time was when 0.7 was released back in July 2009 – sqlmap 0.7 Released – Automatic SQL Injection Tool.
Well sqlmap 0.9 has been released and has a considerable amount of changes including an almost entirely re-written SQL Injection detection engine.
For those that aren’t familiar with the tool, sqlmap is an open source penetration testing tool that automates the process of detecting and exploiting SQL injection flaws and taking over of database servers. It comes with a kick-ass detection engine, many niche features for the ultimate penetration tester and a broad range of switches lasting from database fingerprinting, over data fetching from the database, to accessing the underlying file system and executing commands on the operating system via out-of-band connections.
- Rewritten SQL injection detection engine (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Support to directly connect to the database without passing via a SQL injection, -d switch (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Added full support for both time-based blind SQL injection and error-based SQL injection techniques (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Implemented support for SQLite 2 and 3 (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Implemented support for Firebird (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Implemented support for Microsoft Access, Sybase and SAP MaxDB (Miroslav).
- Added support to tamper injection data with –tamper switch (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Added automatic recognition of password hashes format and support to crack them with a dictionary-based attack (Miroslav).
- Added support to fetch unicode data (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Added support to use persistent HTTP(s) connection for speed improvement, –keep-alive switch (Miroslav).
- Implemented several optimization switches to speed up the exploitation of SQL injections (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Support to parse and test forms on target url, –forms switch (Bernardo and Miroslav).
- Added switches to brute-force tables names and columns names with a dictionary attack, –common-tables and –common-columns.
The complete changelog is available for viewing here.
You can also download the user manual here [PDF] – sqlmap README
You can download sqlmap 0.9 here:
Or read more here.
- ODAT (Oracle Database Attacking Tool) – Test Oracle Database Security
- Navy Sys Admin Hacks Into Databases From Aircraft Carrier
- aidSQL – PHP Application For SQL Injection Detection & Exploitation
- sqlmap 0.7 Released – Automatic SQL Injection Tool
- sqlmap 0.5 – Automated SQL Injection Tool
- sqlmap 0.6.1 released – Automatic SQL Injection Tool
Most Read in Database Hacking:
- Pangolin – Automatic SQL Injection Tool - 73,724 views
- bsqlbf 1.1 – Blind SQL Injection Tool - 53,874 views
- Absinthe Blind SQL Injection Tool/Software - 39,031 views