There are various vulnerable web applications such as Jarlsberg, WackoPicko, Damn Vulnerable Web Application (DVWA), Vicnum, etc. Now we have another application that is vulnerable and ready to be exploited! The BodgeIt Store is a vulnerable web application which is currently aimed at people who are new to penetration testing.
- Easy to install – just requires java and a servlet engine, e.g. Tomcat
- Self contained (no additional dependencies other than to 2 in the above line)
- Easy to change on the fly – all the functionality is implemented in JSPs, so no IDE required
- Cross platform
- Open source
- No separate db to install and configure – it uses an ‘in memory’ db that is automatically (re)initialized on start up
There is also a ‘scoring’ page where you can see various hacking challenges and whether you have completed them or not.
All you need to do is download and open the zip file, and then extract the war file into the webapps directory of your favorite servlet engine.
Then point your browser at (for example) http://localhost:8080/bodgeit
The author recommends Zed Attack Proxy to get you started.
You can download BodgeIt Store here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- 2 Different Hacker Groups Exploit The Same IE 0-Day
- Researchers Crack 4096-bit RSA Encryption With a Microphone
- vBulletin.com Hacked – Forum User Emails & Encrypted Passwords Leaked
- Metasploitable – Test Your Metasploit Against A Vulnerable Host
- Hack.me – Build, Host & Share Vulnerable Web Application Code
- OWASP Bricks – Modular Deliberately Vulnerable Web Application
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 224,490 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 118,889 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 84,983 views