Smooth-Sec is a ready to-go IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention System) Linux distribution based on the multi threaded Suricata IDS/IPS engine and Snorby, the top notch web application for network security monitoring. Smooth-Sec is built on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS using the TurnKey Core base as development platform.
Functionality is the key point that allows a user to deploy a complete IDS/IPS System up and running out of the box within a few minutes, even for security beginners with minimal Linux experience.
- Metrics Metrics & Reports
- Full packet and session data.
- Settings Custom Settings
- Native IPv6 Support
- Automatic protocol detection
- Multi threaded
- Native hardware acceleration support
- Passive OS and Portscan detection
- L7 Protocol awareness
- IP Reputation using scoring threshold
- Distributed blocking & feedback
- Global flowbits and variables
Snorby interface: https://ipaddress
Password: snorby (please change this password after the firts login)
Password: the password you have chose during the installation
You can download Smooth-Sec here:
Or read more here.
- Just-Metadata – Gathers & Analyse IP Address Metadata
- Agile Security – How Does It Fit Into A World Of Continuous Delivery
- Shadow Daemon – Web Application Firewall
- Smooth-Sec – IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection/Prevention System) In A Box
- HoneyDrive – Honeypots In A Box
- Recent Down-time at Darknet
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,595 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,354 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,623 views