Ophcrack is a free Windows password cracker based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method. It comes with a Graphical User Interface and runs on multiple platforms. It works based on a time-memory trade-off using rainbow tables. This is a new variant of Hellman’s original trade-off, with better performance. It recovers 99.9% of alphanumeric passwords in seconds.
- Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- Audit mode and CSV export.
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- Free and open source software (GPL).
You can find the various tables they offer here (mostly free with some paid):
And of course our own collection of Free Rainbow Tables and other software here.
You can download Ophcrack 3.3.1 here:
Or download the LiveCD here:
Or read more here.
- LiME – Linux Memory Extractor
- HookME – API Based TCP Proxy Including SSL
- EvilFOCA – Network Attack Toolkit
- Wophcrack – Web Based Interface For Ophcrack Password Cracking Tool
- Ophcrack 2.2 Password Cracker Released
- LCP – A Good FREE Alternative to L0phtcrack (LC5)
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,930,556 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,241,052 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 654,178 views