Penetration Testing Course Pro 1.1 release aims at addressing all of the suggestions collected in the first 6 months of activity and adds 1 new module and 50 minutes of video training on Social Engineering Toolkit. As reviewed by us before (eLearnSecurity – Online Penetration Testing Training) this course is becoming a very popular choice for Penetration Testing Training.
In the first 6 months of the course there has been an unexpected success and eCPPT, first born as a proof of attendance of the course, is now in the certification path of a lot of students in 2011 as a preparatory course for more advanced courses.
As for the changes and the additions, as you should know the area of Social Engineering has changed in the last 2-3 years and social networks and the Social Engineer Toolkit have boosted the number of targeted and advanced attacks against people.
Students of eCPPT will now learn everything about SET and will be introduced to Social Engineering with nice real world scenarios and the use of social networking tools for advanced attacks.
The great thing is that the existing students got this update for free and they will continue to get new updated for free until 2.0 release.
The course developers also realized that the most important feature for their students was the opportunity of getting their exam report reviewed by an instructor and to recieve real feedback. So the certification is felt by the student as a final test on the skills acquired as well as yet another opportunity to learn more about the business and professional aspects of being a pentester.
They also have a lot of cool new projects going on under the radar and they will give word soon, through the Darknet community.
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- MagicTree v1.3 Available For Download – Pentesting Productivity
- Kvasir – Penetration Testing Data Management Tool
- Penetration Testing – Student Course/Training by eLearnSecurity
- Inguma 0.0.7.2 Released for Download – Penetration Testing Toolkit
- Last Chance To Get 10% Off Penetration Testing – Student Course
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,137,409 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 581,301 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 414,220 views