We wrote about this tool back in January 2009 when it was first released, recently v1.1 has become available for download.
Time and Attack Mapper (alternatively known as TA-Mapper) is an effort estimator tool for blackbox security assessment (or Penetration Testing) of applications. This tool provides more accurate estimation when compared to rough estimation. Penetration testers who always have hard time explaining/justifying the efforts charged (or quoted) to their customers can find this tool handy by able to calculate efforts with greater accuracy required for application penetration testing.
What’s new in v1.1?
- The “Optimise Effort” options is provided for advance correction/optimisation of effort. It allows users to further optimise the efforts by considering automation component as a part of test approach.
- Report can be generated both in HTML and MS Excel format (More report options may come up in the later release)
- Few cosmetic bug fixes including few functional issues
- Fixed the _silly_ custom values settings followed by auto-update of total efforts
You can download TA-Mapper v1.1 here:
Or read more here.
- Kali Linux – The Most Advanced Penetration Testing Linux Distribution
- Microsoft Says You SHOULD Re-use Passwords Across Sites
- Dradis v2.9 – Information Sharing For Security Assessments
- Time and Attack Mapper AKA TA-Mapper – Time/Effort Estimator Tool For Blackbox Security Assessment
- Nmap v5.20 Released – Open Source Network Exploration & Auditing Tool
- sqlmap – Automated Blind SQL Injection Tool
Most Read in General Hacking:
- 10 Best Security Live CD Distros (Pen-Test, Forensics & Recovery) - 1,148,545 views
- Hack Tools/Exploits - 595,424 views
- Password Cracking with Rainbowcrack and Rainbow Tables - 421,042 views