The big news in the Apple-sphere recently was the released of iOS 4, which *shock&awe* has folders and multi-tasking – w00t.
You can of course jailbreak it with the newly updated PwnageTool 4.01.
On Monday, Apple released firmware 4.0 for the iPhone and iPod touch devices. This of course was a major upgrade.
As advised, you shouldn’t have upgraded your devices if you have previously relied on our tools for hacktivation and/or a carrier unlock.
With that said, today we are releasing PwnageTool 4.01
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST CAREFULLY, THERE ARE KNOWN UPGRADE TRAPS AND DIFFERENT UPGRADE SCENARIOS THAT NEED TO BE FULLY UNDERSTOOD AND CONSIDERED BEFORE USING THESE TOOLS.
Each supported device has few different scenarios that users need to consider when performing the upgrades, you need to check below and perform the upgrade in the particular way that matches your current device state.
NB: With PwnageTool 4.01 certain devices are not supported this is because they are not supported in iOS 4.0 or they are not supported by our software. We’re working on ways to get past these restrictions.
- iPhone 2G – not supported
- iPod Touch – not supported
- iPod Touch 3G – not supported
Check out the full post for all the details and the download links.
- Massive Celeb Leak Brings iCloud Security Into Question
- Apple Retires Support Leaving 20% Of Macs Vulnerable
- Andrew Auernheimer AKA Weev Gets 41 Months Jail Time For GET Requests
- Untethered Userland Jailbreak For iPhone 3.1.3 & iPad 3.2 Has Arrived
- JailBreaking AppleTV Running on iOS 4.1 – iPad/iPhone 4 Jailbreak Soon?
- Dangerous iPhone iOS JailBreak Exploit Goes Public
Most Read in Apple:
- KisMAC – Free WiFi Stumbler/Scanner for Mac OS X - 81,293 views
- Apple Struggling With Security & Malware - 24,066 views
- Java Based Cross Platform Malware Trojan (Mac/Linux/Windows) - 15,303 views