StreamArmor is a tool for discovering hidden alternate data streams (ADS) and can also clean them completely from the system. It’s advanced auto analysis coupled with online threat verification mechanism makes it the best tool available in the market for eradicating the evil streams. StreamArmor comes with fast multi threaded ADS scanner which can recursively scan over entire system and quickly uncover all hidden streams. All such discovered streams are represented using specific color patten based on threat level which makes it easy for human eye to distinguish between suspicious and normal streams.
StreamArmor has built-in advanced file type detection mechanism which examines the content of file to accurately detect the file type of stream. This makes it great tool in forensic analysis in uncovering hidden documents/images/audio/video/database/archive files within the alternate data streams. StreamArmor is the standalone, portable application which does not require any installation. It can be copied to any place in the system and executed directly.
What are ADS (Alternate Data Streams)?
If you’ve had any experience with advanced malware or Windows forensics you’d already know what ADS are, but if you haven’t is a lesser known feature of the Windows NTFS file system which provides the ability to put data into existing files and folders without affecting their functionality and size. Any such stream associated with file/folder is not visible when viewed through conventional utilities such as Windows Explorer or DIR command or any other file browser tools.
If so inclined you can read more here:
Windows XP, 2K3, Vista, Longhorn and Windows 7 (both 32 & 64 bit versions) On 64 bit platform, only 32 bit processes are supported.
You can download StreamArmor v1.0 here:
Or read more here.
- LiME – Linux Memory Extractor
- Appie – Portable Android Security Testing Suite
- isowall – Completely Isolate A Device From The Local Network
- tcpflow – TCP Flow Recorder for Protocol Analysis and Debugging
- peepdf – Analyze & Modify PDF Files
- Inguma – Penetration Testing Toolkit
Most Read in Forensics:
- NetworkMiner – Passive Sniffer & Packet Analysis Tool for Windows - 66,069 views
- raw2vmdk – Mount Raw Hard Disk (dd) Images As VMDK Virtual Disks - 32,600 views
- sslsniff v0.6 Released – SSL MITM Tool - 27,099 views