The safety of the Internet is of paramount importance to Google, and helping web developers build secure, reliable web applications is an important part of the equation. To advance this goal, Google has released projects such as ratproxy, a passive security assessment tool.
The latest is they have announced a new tool called skipfish – a free, open source, fully automated, active web application security reconnaissance tool.
- High speed: written in pure C, with highly optimized HTTP handling and a minimal CPU footprint, the tool easily achieves 2000 requests per second with responsive targets.
- Ease of use: the tool features heuristics to support a variety of quirky web frameworks and mixed-technology sites, with automatic learning capabilities, on-the-fly wordlist creation, and form autocompletion.
- Cutting-edge security logic: we incorporated high quality, low false positive, differential security checks capable of spotting a range of subtle flaws, including blind injection vectors.
The tool is believed to support Linux, FreeBSD 7.0+, MacOS X, and Windows (Cygwin) environments.
You can download skipfish here:
Or read more here.
- Watcher – Passive Web Application Vulnerability Scanner
- Pentoo – Gentoo Based Penetration Testing Linux LiveCD
- Onapsis Bizploit v1.50 – SAP Penetration Testing Framework
- Skipfish 1.94b Released – Active Web Application Security Reconnaissance Tool
- Web-Sorrow v1.48 – Version Detection, CMS Identification, Enumeration & Server Scanning Tool
- Samurai Web Testing Framework 0.6 Released – Web Application Security LiveCD
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,901,334 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,126,581 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 639,158 views