GreenSQL is an Open Source database firewall used to protect databases from SQL injection attacks. GreenSQL works as a proxy for SQL commands and has built in support for MySQL & PostgreSQL . The logic is based on evaluation of SQL commands using a risk scoring matrix as well as blocking known db administrative commands (DROP, CREATE, etc). GreenSQL is distributed under the GPL license.
GreenSQL works as a reverse proxy for MySQL connections. This means, that instead of connecting TO THE MySQL server, your applications will connect to THE GreenSQL server. GreenSQL will analyze SQL queries and then, if they’re safe, will forward them to the back-end MySQL server.
In this version, GreenSQL provides native support for PostgreSQL (http://www.postgresql.org) databases for the very first time. In fact, GreenSQL is the only database firewall (Open or Closed Source) available for the protection of the many PostgreSQL databases currently in use.
GreenSQL 1.2 merges the GreenSQL-Console package into the GreenSQL-FW. The GreenSQL-Console will no longer be released as a separated package. During the installation process, you will be able to choose whether or not to install the console.
You can download GreenSQL v1.2 here:
Or read more here.
- Graudit v1.9 Download – Grep Source Code Auditing Tool
- sptoolkit Rebirth – Simple Phishing Toolkit
- EvilAP Defender – Detect Evil Twin Attacks
- Agnitum Outpost Firewall PRO Review
- Dr. Morena – Firewall Configuration Testing Tool
- The Soft Underbelly? – Database Security
Most Read in Countermeasures:
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,472 views
- Password Hasher Firefox Extension - 117,244 views
- NDR or Backscatter Spam – How Non Delivery Reports Become a Nuisance - 57,594 views