Well this is a first for me and this blog, Darknet has been nominated for a blogging award and selected as a finalist! There’s some heavy-weights in our category too like SANS ISC and Evil Bytes from Dark Reading.
If you don’t know about SBN (Security Bloggers Network) it’s a VERY good collection of RSS feeds in the security arena, blogs rather than news sites hence the name.
It started out way back as a Feedburner group consolidating all the security related blog feeds on the Feedburner network into one feed. You can find the current RSS feed here:
With our contributions here:
Darknet – Security Bloggers Network
If you’re interested do check out the members (you’ve probably already subscribed to quite a few) and some of the stronger ones are amongst the nominations below.
Obviously being in the same category as SANS ISC I won’t be wasting any time writing an acceptance speech. It is an honor to be in the same list as blogs like Bruce Schneier’s and Tao Security even if it’s in a different category.
You can find a complete listing of the finalists here:
Best Technical Security Blog
Best Non-Technical Security Blog
Best Security Podcast
Best Corporate Security Blog
Most Entertaining Security Blog
Good luck to everyone and may the best blog win.
If you’re also a member of the SBN you can place your vote here:
You can find the original post on the RSA Conference blog by Alan Shimel here:
- Yes – We Now Have A Facebook Page – So Please Like It!
- Merry Christmas 2012 From Darknet
- Server Migration – Moved To Linode! And Changed To Nginx/PHP-FPM/APC/W3TC
- About Darknet
- Penetration Testing Course Pro 1.1 – New Version & New Module
Most Read in Site News:
- Welcome to Darknet – The REBIRTH - 36,412 views
- Get the ball rollin’ - 18,981 views
- Slashdot Effect vs Digg Effect Traffic Report - 12,226 views