4f is a file format fuzzing framework. 4f uses modules which are specifications of the targeted binary or text file format that tell it how to fuzz the target application. If 4f detects a crash, it will log crucial information important for allowing the 4f user to reproduce the problem and also debugging information important to deciding the severity of the bug and its exploitability.
4f’s purpose is to find vulnerabilities in code that parses file formats including configuration files.
4f uses specialized modules for fuzzing code that interprets file formats. Several modules are included and more can be written to follow other file formats.
A module system is in place for fuzzing any file format you like as long as you know its specification
Custom debugger gathers crucial debugging information on crash, logs it, then continues fuzzing.
USAGE: ./4f <-T /usr/bin/target> <-M #> [-N fuzz.conf]
[-A ARGS] [-R /output] [-L log.txt] [-C] [-D]
INFO: [-O Fuzzing Oracle] [-S Modules Available]
You can download 4f here:
Or read more here.
- XcodeGhost iOS Trojan Infected Over 4000 Apps
- WhatsApp Web vCard Vulnerability Exposed 200M Users
- Mimikatz – Gather Windows Credentials
- Fuzzled – PERL Fuzzing Framework
- backfuzz – Multi-Protocol Fuzzing Toolkit (Supports HTTP/FTP/IMAP etc)
- Tutorial for Fuzzled – Writing a Fuzzer with the Fuzzled Framework
Most Read in Exploits/Vulnerabilities:
- Learn to use Metasploit – Tutorials, Docs & Videos - 231,697 views
- AJAX: Is your application secure enough? - 119,682 views
- eEye Launches 0-Day Exploit Tracker - 85,281 views