This is an old tool, but still useful. I saw someone asking for a tool to grab FTP files from the wire without using something like Wireshark, which brought me to this tool – FTPXerox.
FTPXerox grabs files that are transferred across the network using the FTP protocol. It was written to demonstrate the fact that any “clear-text” file transfer protocol is susceptible to such attacks. It implements a full end-to-end TCP re-assembly engine that watches for FTP transfers. Once the engine detects an FTP file transfer, it grabs the file off the wire and stores it in a local file. It is quite intelligent in the sense, it can reconstruct exact file names and even grab binary files! Version 1.0, however, does NOT support PASV mode file transfers.
Due to the way the TCP re-assembly engine is implemented, FTPXerox can also give directory listing commands (NLST), (LIST) etc in a file. These files will be of the form “fnXXXXXX”. This is just extra information. We plan to fix that in the next release. If you do not need directory listings, just delete these files as and when they’re formed.
You can download FTPXerox v1.0 here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- wig – WebApp Information Gatherer – Identify CMS
- Capstone – Multi-platform, Multi-architecture Disassembly Framework
- xssless – An Automated XSS Payload Generator Written In Python
- FTester – Firewall Tester and IDS Testing tool
- NetworkMiner v1.1 Released – Windows Packet Analyzer & Sniffer
- DNS Brute Force eXtract – WS-DNS-BFX
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,839,661 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,025,995 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 611,227 views