It’s been a while since the last update of Technitium back in June 2008, the latest release is v5 R2 with support for Windows 7 RC.
Technitium MAC Address Changer allows you to change Media Access Control (MAC) Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) irrespective to your NIC manufacturer or its driver. It has a very simple user interface and provides ample information regarding each NIC in the machine. Every NIC has a MAC address hard coded in its circuit by the manufacturer. This hard coded MAC address is used by windows drivers to access Ethernet Network (LAN). This tool can set a new MAC address to your NIC, bypassing the original hard coded MAC address. Technitium MAC Address Changer is a must tool in every security professionals tool box.
Technitium MAC Address Changer is coded in Visual Basic 6.0.
- Support for Windows 7 RC added.
- Issues with installer program resolved.
- Most reported bugs in previous versions removed.
- Allows you to remove all registry entries corresponding to Network Adapter that is no longer physically installed on the system.
- Allows you to configure Internet Explorer HTTP proxy settings through configuration presets or command line.
- Identifies the preset applied to currently selected Network Interface Card (NIC) automatically making it easy to identify settings.
- Most known issues with Windows Vista removed.
- Changes MAC address of Network Interface Card (NIC) including Wireless LAN Cards, irrespective of its manufacturer or its drivers.
- Has latest list of all known manufacturers (with corporate addresses) to choose from. You can also enter any MAC address and know which manufacturer it belongs to.
- Allows you to select random MAC address from the list of manufacturers by just clicking a button.
- Restarts your NIC automatically to apply MAC address changes instantaneously.
- Allows you to create Configuration Presets, which saves all your NIC settings and makes it very simple to switch between many settings in just a click and hence saves lot of time.
- Allows you to Import or Export Configuration Presets to or from another file, which saves lot of time spent in reconfiguration.
- Allows you to load any Configuration Presets when TMAC starts by just double clicking on any Configuration Preset File. (*.cpf file extension)
- Has command line interface which allows you to perform all the tasks from the command prompt or you can even create a DOS batch program to carry out regular tasks.
- Displays all information you would ever need to know about your NIC in one view like Device Name, Configuration ID, Hardware ID, Connection Status, Link Speed, DHCP details, TCP/IP details etc.
- Displays total bytes sent and received through the NIC.
- Displays current data transfer speed per second.
- Allows you to configure IP Address, Gateway and DNS Server for your NIC quickly and instantaneously.
- Allows you to enable/disable DHCP instantaneously.
- Allows you to Release/Renew DHCP IP address instantaneously.
There are some famous, commercial tools available in the market from USD 19.99 to as much as USD 2499, but Technitium MAC Address Changer is available for FREE. They don’t charge for just changing a registry value! Also knowing how this works doesn’t require extensive research as some commercial tool providers claim.
You can download Technitium v5 R2 here:
Or read more here.
- BlueScan – A Bluetooth Device Scanner
- SniffPass – Simple Password Sniffer
- Rackspace Recovers From Major DNS DDoS
- Freeware MAC Address Changer – Technitium v3.1
- Technitium MAC Address Changer v4.8 Released for Download – Free
- Technitium FREE MAC Address Changer v4.7 – Released for Download
Most Read in Network Hacking:
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 1,087,227 views
- Wep0ff – Wireless WEP Key Cracker Tool - 512,134 views
- THC-Hydra – The Fast and Flexible Network Login Hacking Tool - 317,302 views