You may remember we wrote about Samurai being released back in November 2008, it’s been quite a while since the last update.
The authors have updated and fixed a number of issues with the environment as well as improved performance of the java based tools. They have also included a virtual machine of the environment. This VM requires VMWare.
For those that don’t know, Samurai Web Testing Framework is a live linux environment that has been pre-configured to function as a web pen-testing environment. The CD contains the best of the open source and free tools that focus on testing and attacking websites. There are tools used in all four steps of a web pen-test.
Starting with reconnaissance, we have included tools such as the Fierce domain scanner and Maltego. For mapping, we have included tools such WebScarab and ratproxy. We then chose tools for discovery. These would include w3af and burp. For exploitation, the final stage, we included BeEF, AJAXShell and much more. This CD also includes a pre-configured wiki, set up to be the central information store during your pen-test.
You can download SamuraiWTF 0.6 here:
Or read more here.
Recent in Hacking Tools:
- Web-Sorrow v1.48 – Version Detection, CMS Identification, Enumeration & Server Scanning Tool
- CrowdRE – Crowdsourced Reverse Engineering Service From CrowdStrike
- XMPPloit – A Tool to Attack XMPP Connections
- Samurai Web Testing Framework v0.8 Released – Pen Testing Security LiveCD
- Samurai Web Testing Framework – Web Application Security LiveCD
- SIFT Web Services Security Testing Framework
Most Read in Hacking Tools:
- Top 15 Security/Hacking Tools & Utilities - 1,794,588 views
- Brutus Password Cracker – Download brutus-aet2.zip AET2 - 992,448 views
- wwwhack 1.9 – Download wwwhack19.zip Web Hacking Tool - 587,575 views